Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Pentagonians Have Spoken

Home of the Pentagonians.

Now we know that gay people can go to battle too.

The resident "experts" at the Pentagon have now spoken and have told us that 70% of the men and women in the armed forces don't give a hoot whether or not a person is gay and that sexual orientation doesn't affect the way a person can fight. Aren't you impressed?

I would venture to say that far more people in the general population don't give a hoot if a person is gay, lesbian, or transgendered. Personally I have a bit of a problem with the transgendered but that's not a problem that I encounter very often--thank goodness. I've only known one transgendered person and he/she was way too big and mean to be a tennis official so its moot on this blog...

The 30% of the armed forces personnel that said that they had issues did it primarily on religious or personal grounds--and that's their right. Someone once said that my rights begin where your fist ends and my nose begins and I think that's probably true in tennis officiating. The worst officials to be around are those that are constantly in heat over anyone who is available and willing. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

Congratulations to our Pentagonians for wasting our tax dollars on a survey that basically means nothing in reality. At least in the tennis officiating world we still hire and fire who we want to...

Now for the QUESTION OF THE DAY: Do you think a person's gayness or lack thereof, affects their abilities to be a good tennis official? We would love to hear your opinions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSS - I have a feeling the some of our male gay friends have a better SHASHAYAA move than the not so gay ones - you know ...the part when you move from center serve to side line.

Anonymous said...

I don't care how much they swish as long as they don't swish in my direction.