Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things You Learn As An Official


Any time I do a tournament I find that I always learn something new. Here are things I learned this weekend:

F.B.I.

Not the agency of protection in America but FIRST BALL IN when serving in a match. Four 2.5 ladies taught me this one!

THREE RULE CHANGES IN TENNIS

Someone pointed out to me today that there basically have only been THREE RULE CHANGES in the history of tennis. They are:

1. You can have your feet off the ground when you hit your serve.
2. A double hit is legal.
3. The introduction of the tiebreaker.

Interesting concept. Not sure I agree but I can't remember enough to disagree...

1 comment:

Wally said...

When i started playing tennis with some old geezers at the park across the street where i lived, i had my 1st exposure to FBI (first ball in). Hitting the court; 2-minute warmup; no serves; Yep, my pard got his 1st serve in so we played that point; which we lost. You guessed it, he then proceeded to double fault 3 straight times for us to lose that game. Geez!!!!