Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Parallels With The Dog Universe

"I was late because my Dad didn't wake me up."

The more I am involved in the tennis officiating world the more I think we're like the DOG WORLD. Here are some pooches that remind me of some officials that I know...

"I hate waiting in line to do anything."

"That loose ball has to be somewhere."

"Good job! You might get to do Big 12 matches next year."

"I wanted to be ready in case I got to chair the #1 singles match."

"I have to hurry, hurry, hurry to make a good impression."

"I had to work a 12 hour shift at the ZAT tournament and I'm pooped!"

"I thought it would quit raining if we started squeegeing (sp)"

"I have a question about what you just ruled on that court."

And as the sun sets, we all believe in diversity...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The USTA Officials Inclusion Committee has four current projects in the works, including "Conversion of provisional exam and brochure to Spanish."

Why would the USTA want to recruit a potential official who doesn't read and/or speak English?

Anonymous said...

You forgot the picture of the dog peeing on the other less fortunate one as well as the dog biting the head off of one of his lesser fellows. That would be much more fitting for tennis officials, especially those working the professional ranks.

Anonymous said...

In reply to Anonymous 8:23pm....so that the Spanish speaking official can leap right into an ITA Chair and communicate with the ITA players and coaches who speak only Spanish. BTW,what are the other 3 projects in the works?

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous 10:56am: so that means the provisional exam and brochures will soon be in Russian, German, Croatian, etc.

I'm sure following the next lawsuit, they will also be in braille.