Thursday, September 02, 2010

The John McEnroe Tennis Academy For Kids

The typical McEnroe during his playing days.

More of the same.
Much older--but still the same.

There are times in life when Hell itself seems to open up and spews out something completely beyond our human comprehension--and that happened today at the US Open.

During the Cilic-Niroshi five hour singles match, John McEnroe announced that he will be starting the JOHN MC ENROE TENNIS ACADEMY FOR KIDS in New York. Once I recovered from the shock, I thought someone should immediately call Child Protective Services in New York and warn them of this impending disaster.

FYI, even though the academy is a few weeks old this is the first I've heard of it so excuse my lateness in reporting this debacle.

Can you imagine any parent in their right mind even wanting McEnroe to come near their children???

He was absolutely the most pathetically poorly behaved player when he was young and good--and now he's even worse when he's old. Hopefully someone can and will do something to keep this from happening.

Lynn Welch

The other highlight of this five hour match was Lynn Welch in the chair--as she did one of her patented overrules at 4-1 in the fifth set.

I just hope the Myronian was watching...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy. You are a bit behind. Johnny Mac has already opened his Academy. Final Tryouts were a few weeks ago. Cannot imagine sending a kid there

Anonymous said...

Nees of his academy has been out for a few weeks now, where you been Randy?

Anonymous said...

I say SEND them to Mac's Camp!!! Any tennis is better than no tennis and I bet he has good people working for him - do you really think he will be around teaching? I think he is making a good investment in the children.

Anonymous said...

I applaud your remarks, and agree that McEnroe has nothing to offer in the way of sportsmanship to youngsters in tennis. I don't agree that any tennis is better than no tennis. After officiating a generation of Mac followers I am finally enjoying working with kids. I don't look forward to another Mac generation!

Anonymous said...

So you really think McEnroe made a "whole generation" of kids you couldn't stand? Sounds like a person wanting to blame the system and not the parenting! That is sad! Where you a player - I bet not! There WHERE and always will be good sportsman. I'll admit Mac was not the best sportsman - but give the guy some credit - he is giving back - and most likely not asking for a FREE LUNCH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.