Tuesday, November 11, 2008

State High School Team Tournament

We just finished the UIL state team tennis tournament this past weekend in Austin--and it was fantastic! The kids all behaved, the coaches were fine, and believe it or not--the parents even behaved themselves. It was a great weekend for everyone concerned.

Of course, we officials had the most fun! Any time you have Randy Stewart from College Station in the mix things are going to be fun... A special thanks to referees Robert Dunivan and Nancy Vivero for a job well done. Its a joy to work with officials like that.

Special congratulations to Highland Park High School and New Braunfels High School for winning state. As dominant as both of these schools were I imagine we will be seeing them at state for many years to come.

I forgot my camera so I don't have any good action shots to show you. Randy, Nancy, and Robert did try to poison me with hot tamale candy. Those things are awful!

No comments: