Monday, November 03, 2008

A Day of Sadness


Well, I began last weekend happy and excited and now I am in the pits of depression and sadness...
First, my beloved Longhorns lost to the cursed Texas Tech Red Raiders. That was bad enough but I also had that unregenerate Aggie, Myron Krueger, calling and reminding me of the huge upset loss in the backwoods of Lubbock.
Second, my Cowboys sucked yet again. How much worse can it get???
Third, my birthday is today and I am getting really old! I am not as old as Bernie West and Herb Taylor but I am older than most of the rest of the universe... I spent yesterday afternoon touring nursing homes...
Fourth, tomorrow (election day) will probably be the blackest day in the history of mankind. I will however wait until tomorrow night to be totally depressed yet again.
Other than all of the above, I am happy today that I'm alive and have my friends and dogs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha -

There's always next year! And don't fret for the Red Raiders will surely lose before the next two weeks pass us by.

Anonymous said...

So...? Is that longhorns or longFACES?