Friday, November 21, 2008

The Season of Thanksgiving

As we enter the season of thanksgiving I thought it would be nice if we could all post things for which we are most thankful. They can be serious and/or humorous...

Here are mine:

1. I'm thankful that I live in the USA and get to be an official in the USTA.

2. I'm thankful that my kids are grown and I don't have to stay up at night waiting for them to come home.

3. I'm thankful that I get to work with the finest ITA coordinators in the country. (Myron Krueger, Sara Lammerts, Chuck Scott, Susan Trautmann, and Vickie Wright)

4. I'm thankful for everything that Cheryl Jones, Brookie Green, and Roz Tuerk taught me when I first became an official.

5. I'm thankful that our ITA coaches in Texas are the finest in the land.

6. I'm thankful that I never have to do another super champ tournament unless I want to and am desperate for food to feed my dogs.

7. I'm thankful that I get to work with so many good officials during the year. You are all truly a blessing in my life.

Now that I have gotten the ball rolling, go ahead and send us your thoughts on thankfulness...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's just a few of my blessings:
1. I am most blessed to have a husband that can fix absolutely anything I can break.
2. That our remodeling is coming to a close.
3. That Randy is my friend and is still doing the blog.
4. I'm thankful I chose to become an official. It has opened up new doors and new people for me to enjoy.
5. I'm MOST GRATEFUL that even with 2 very heavy titanium knees of over 3 years now, that I am able to play better tennis than ever. God is truly GREAT!
6. I'm thankful that I work with the great game of tennis and all the people that it entails...the USTA Texas Section, CATA, CAToA etc.
7. I'm grateful for my family, my friends, my pets and for all the peace, joy and love they bring to my life.

Anonymous said...

It's been a blessed weekend indeed, especially now that the SOONERS will be headed to Kansas City for the BIG 12 Championship game. GO OU!!!!!!