Wednesday, October 08, 2008

New Houston Officials Website & Universal Availability

Its always good to hear exciting news from around the state and this morning its coming from HOUSTON, TEXAS. The Houston Tennis Umpires Association has a new website:

www.htua-tennis.com

Be sure to check it out. Danny Tangri did a fantastic job!

UNIVERSAL AVAILABILITY
Since my desire is to be open and inclusive, I am doing something that has never been done--I am offering a UNIVERSAL AVAILABILITY APPLICATION for the collegiate matches that I schedule. I schedule SMU, University of North Texas, and University of Texas at Arlington as well as numerous other UIL events and USTA tournaments so there are a lot of opportunities.
If you meet the following qualifications, email me (rmtennis@yahoo.com) and I'll be glad to send you an availability:
1. You are ITA certified.
2. You have good personal skills and are able to work well with others.
3. You have a strong working knowledge of the rules of tennis.
4. You will honor all assignments you are given.
5. You are willing to rove matches as well as chair matches.
If you meet these qualifications, I will be glad to hear from you. Hopefully this will afford some new people an opportunity to work some exciting matches.

5 comments:

AR Hacked Off said...

RM:

Do you only want Texas Officials, who have been to Texas Section schools?

Just curious as I might be interested.

JL

RM said...

Anywhere is fine as long as you can meet the criteria. Just email me at: rmtennis@yahoo.com

Randy

Anonymous said...

Randy, I guess I won't be able to signup for any matches with you. I just don't qualify.

Anonymous said...

I can read between the lines better than most. Just because an Availability is sent to the masses doesn't mean the masses get an opportunity to work.

I like your style!

RM said...

Stinky,

You are indeed a man of astute wisdom and discernment.

Randy