Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And I Thought I Had Seen It All...



As I look over my many years of life I thought I had basically seen and heard it all--that is until I read the Dallas Morning News today. It just goes to show you how far we have sunk as a nation and what pitiful shape we are in... (Someone needs to find a way to vote out the District Attorney in Dallas!)

Here's the article:

"DEAD GIRL'S PARENTS GIVEN PROBATION"

The parents of a 3 month old girl who was beaten to death in February 2004, were given probation in a plea agreement over the past week according to court records.

Tameika Hampton, 25, was sentenced to two years probation and Tremaine Mabry, 26, was sentenced to five years' probation. Both had originally been charged with capital murder. Ms. Hampton's charge was reduced to injury to a child by neglect. Mr. Mabry pleaded guilty to injury to a child by causing serious bodily injury.

Records show Tyreina had a large number of old and new injuries at the time of her death. The child had 40 rib fractures, a bruised chin, brain and eye bleeding, a bruised liver, a fracture back and up to 15 chest contusions and three leg fractures, according to investigators.

Try to figure this one out!!!

No comments: