Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Introspection: SECTION LEADERSHIP & SECTIONAL CHAIRMAN

We received the greatest number of comments about the TEXAS SECTION LEADERSHIP & SECTIONAL CHAIRMAN. In order to be fair, I will try to comment with pros and cons concerning the section leadership.

The section leadership is very well organized, well directed, and well implemented. Ken McAllister provides more than able leadership and inspires trust among our state officials. There does seem to be a strained relationship between the Officials Committee and the Junior Council but hopefully that will be resolved quickly. There is seemingly a conflict when a staff member represents two different committees but Ken McAllister gives an even hand to the proceedings. The section has a very large budget and allocates ample monies to the officials in our state. Overall, I would certainly give them an A- if I were grading...

In regards to the SECTIONAL CHAIRMAN, I will not comment lest I be accused of publicly criticizing another official. There were no positive comments received.

Suffice it to say that we have a great organization--now we just look to our leadership for dependability, consistency, honesty, and integrity.

Sounds like the makings of a great team!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with your assessment of Section Leadership.

As far as the Sectional Chairman goes, if I really post what I know about the current chair, you would never be able to post my comment. So I am relegated to dispersing my thoughts through osmosis. If you try to focus really, really hard, you may pick up on some of them. But then you will have to go to Church and beg for forgiveness.

As always, you can send me a personal email to "eeyore_thats_mister_eeyore@yahoo.com" and I'll be happy to fill in the voids.

Anonymous said...

Interesting comment about your SECTIONAL CHAIRMAN. I can definetely read between the lines. We had a similar problem up here and unfortunately, you may not necessarily like change. Trust me on this matter.

It appears all CHAIRMAN come from the same bloodline so making meaningful change is almost as difficult as solving world hunger.

Be careful what you ask for. It may come true... but with unwanted circumstances!

Anonymous said...

Yeah,

Can anybody remember the days under CJ? At least there were plenty of drinks to be had...

Anonymous said...

At least Cheryl Jones knew how to properly run a meeting and none of this talk about capping our fees would have been permitted. Oh for the good old days again!

Anonymous said...

"The section has a very large budget and allocates ample monies to the officials in our state."
How much money? Where does it go? Who gets it?

Anonymous said...

How do you know the Section has ample monies? From what I understand, we are strapped like a turnip.

RM said...

As of last month I do know the officials had not spent all of their budget and the year is nearly done. Wonder what we should do with the excess???