Sunday, August 28, 2016

Amazing Quotes From Tennis Parents


At one time or another, we have all encountered the infamous tennis parent--and the results aren't always good.  As we patiently wait on more decisive action from the USTA and the Junior Tennis Council, we can at least enjoy reading what the parents have to say.  Here are some of the more irate comments directed to officials:

*  "Do you realize how much money I have spent to get him here?"
*  "Do you not know the rules or are you just stupid?"
*  "You can't call a footfault on her if she isn't going to net."
*  "How much is that other Dad paying you?"
*  "Do you actually have a Mother?"
*  "I'm going to be waiting for you in the parking lot after this match is over."
*  "I'm going to kick your ass."
*  "You are only coding my kid because he's black."
*  "Why do you hate Asians?"
*  "You need to learn to speak Spanish if you are going to work in Texas."
*  "Its obvious you hate Russians so get off our court."
*  "What the f__k do you think you're doing?"
*  "Are you totally blind?"
*  "My son's opponent is mentally ill so you need to get down to his court and do something."
*  "Get off my kid's court.  He doesn't like having officials around."
*  "Go ahead and code my kid,  The USTA doesn't do anything about it anyway."
*  "Sweet, merciful Jesus!  Where did you come from?"


Sometimes the parents are a tad more educated and a little more socially acceptable, and here are some of their comments:

*  "Do I need to pay for you to get some additional training?"
*  "Can I have the name of your supervisor so I can report you?"
*  "I'm calling our pro so he can tell you that you made the wrong decision."
*  "Do you realize my son has never gotten a code violation in his entire life?"
*  "My daughter was elected class favorite so she never could have done what you said."
*  "Honestly, that is not how we do things in Dallas."
*  "I'm on a TCD team so we don't have to worry about having officials near our court."
*  "Its your job to make my son behave."
*  "Don't you have shade for us to sit in?"
*  "My maid is smarter than you are."
*  "I will be praying for you."
*  "You are insulting my intelligence with your decisions."
*  "Do you realize that I am a Stanford graduate?"
*  "I played all my life and I know that ball was in."
*  "I know Billie Jean King and I'm going to call her and report you."
*  "I have a friend who is on the officials committee so you are finished as an official."
*  "I played tennis at Texas in 1939, so you need to listen to what I tell you."
*  "I'm calling Herb Taylor so he can teach you the rules."
*  "You do know that I know Myron Krueger don't you?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we see little or no action from the Junior Tennis Council to control this behavior.

A.T.H. 2.0 said...

I guess we should feel fortunate we are not the player who has to go home with and live with that situation. The problem is spreading. Be vigilant.