Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Must Be A Democrat!

After reading the percentages in our recent poll, realizing we have 53% Republicans and 17% Democrats, and after someone accused me of being a "leach" (sp), I have come to the realization that I must indeed now be a DEMOCRAT. Here are the reasons why:

* I do enjoy a free lunch and/or supper. Of course, in the Metroplex this has only been the custom for the past 17 or 18 years and was only changed to "no-meals" by a Republican woman or women. I do believe the Constitution says that all officials are entitled to a lunch meal that costs as least $12.50.

* I do love the thought as given to me by a blogger of getting 25% of a tournament's receipts. This does indeed fall in the Democrat's thinking of taking away from our wicked employers to give to the most-deserving employees.

* I would love to have the tournaments pay for our tolls and gas mileage (even though most don't). This comes right out of the Unions playbook.

* I would love to get "Stimulus Money" for our officials. We could use it for training, eating, and vacationing on great beaches.

* I am firmly committed to diversity at every level so that should immediately make me a good Democrat.

* I love eating out in Austin and not as much in College Station and Waco so you know what that means.

* My wish for a Christmas present was a framed picture of Nancy Pelosi to put on my mantle; but alas, Santa did not honor my wish.

* I voted for Michelle Obama to take Rich Kaufman's place but noone even had a poll.

* I sometimes think that our employers (TD's) make way too much money and we as the lowly employees have a right to their profits and should be able to decide how much money they make even though we have no part in their risk.

These are just a few of the reasons that I think I may have actually become a Democrat.

Note: Before you get your panties in a wad, this whole post was made in jest (kind of).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO! From the guy that called you a LEACH (sp)!

I have to say this MacDonald (sp) you "have a set" to come out of the closet like that!!!!

Bravo McDonald Bravo

RM said...

I feel so much better now that it is out in the open.

Anonymous said...

Did you share too much, at Mighty Men?