Monday, January 18, 2010

Completely Understanding The Word "SUCKS"





Since the word "sucks" seems to be the universal word for a code violation, I thought it would be good if I printed some additional insights into the word...

Here you go:

suckage: To express extreme displeasure at the situation at hand.
Example: You didn't get your results? Suckage!

suckalicious: It really**3 sucks.

Example: I can't believe he gave me a ticket. That's suckalicious.

suckitude: A measurement of how much something sucks.
Example: The suckitude of this music is off the charts!

sucktacular: A word used to describe something that sucks beyond belief.
Example: Jamie: I got whacked in the nose with a frisbee today.
Heather: Sucktacular.

sucktastic: Sucking beyond belief.
Example: That new tie you bought me was sucktastic.

Hopefully these explanations will give you much wisdom and insight as to when to assess a code violation...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My local boss for officials insists we always code for audible use of the word "sucks." I have noted over the years, however, that this word which started with a very salcious origin, has worked its way into the popular cultural vernacular. I believe there is even a NYT Bestseller with the word in its title. Can a word with origins in the gutter ever pull itself up into polite dialect so no longer merit a code? Just a question.

RM said...

For years I have said to code the word "sucks" but I am currently rethinking my theology on this issue...

Its kind of like the higher ups changing the rule on a racial or ethic slur from "shall" to "may."

I guess times are changing... Just look at what they say on the pro circuit and nothing is done.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it