Monday, March 23, 2009

This Is What "Family" Is All About

As I was driving down to Waco yesterday to officiate a Baylor dual match I received word that my Mother had passed away. When I first realized the enormity of the situation I thought I should turn around and go back home but then I know that wasn't what she would have wanted. She loved tennis and loved the fact that her son was an official so I headed on to Waco to do my job. The good part was that I had some great time alone to reflect on our many years together.

My Mother's name was Kay and she will be buried on Wednesday (March 25, 2009) in McAllen, Texas. One of her grandsons, Brad, will be doing her funeral so please remember him in your prayers.

Today has been a day where I realized more than ever how important "family" really is... I have received tons of emails and phone calls from my tennis family around the entire country and that makes me realize how much I love and appreciate you all. Thank you for being such a special part of my life. I am blessed...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be Blessed. Our prayers are with you and your family.

EQ said...

My Sympathies to your Family....

AR Hacked Off said...

My prayers are with you and your family. Pray that she has peace alongside the lord in the heaven.

Jason

Anonymous said...

I will certainly being thinking of you and your family. God Bless.

Eeyore said...

Haha family is a most excellent thing. Take my adopted friend Christopher Robinson. He has been so nice to me and my best buddy tigger and piglet too.