Friday, March 13, 2009

New USTA Officials Newsletter Hits The Stands!


USTA OFFICIALS NEWSLETTER

MARCH 2009 EDITION


A welcome surprise arrived in my email this morning--an actual USTA OFFICIALS NEWSLETTER. And it was a good one! You can find it on http://www.usta.com/

The new editor is Julio Echavarria (who took Ryan Orner's place in NYC) and he did a fantastic job. I just wish that it had been longer. I can't wait until Julio gets real brave and starts his own blog... I'm sure I could provide him with some good research materials.

I also noticed in the first edition that our very own Texan, Susan Burns, received her Bronze Badge. Congratulations on a job well done...

Also, they tell about the new online umpires program that will be debuting in May. This will be a welcome addition for all officials. Just hope we can learn how it works...

Be sure to check it out--you'll like it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yada!! yada!! yada!!!

same ole warmed over stuff!!

Anonymous said...

I have some "special awards" I would like to give Susan Burns.

For starters, "USTA's Rudest Official."

Anonymous said...

Am I missing something. The latest newsletter I could find from the USTA Officials website was dated September 2008.

Anonymous said...

to bad they forgot to mention that the :Lilly USTA is now being sued by Zina Garrison for racial discrimination. Should make many folks up in NY very nervous, with their so-called stance on discrimination.

Anonymous said...

You might be interested to know that our very own Ken McCain passed his white referee badge at the same school.

As to whoever Eeyore is, if you cannot express yourself without using obscenities and epithets, you are a most unlearned individual and your comments debase this blog.

RM said...

Congratulations to Ken! We're proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but my comments were meant for this blog's moderator only and nobody else. I'll try to tone it down a tad and get back to providing comical responses without mentioning names.

haha

RM said...

Eeyore,

You're welcome to come back and remain as "Eeyore" as long as you are nice. If you wish to get into conflict with Sara, you will need to reveal your name first.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Randy