Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Interesting New Records

I thought it would be fun and interesting to see what records we have set this year in Texas. Here are a few to get us started:

* MYRON KRUEGER. Gave an ITA player 5 games and 40-love in the 3rd set penalty for returning late from a bathroom break. The player returned from a bathroom break after the second set and played one point and lost the match. His coach was thrilled!

* BILL JESBERG. Called 14 footfaults on the same player during her singles match.

* MYRON KRUEGER. Call 14 footfaults on the same player--so guess he's in a tie with Bill Jesberg.

* RANDY MCDONALD. Officiated an ITA women's singles match that lasted 4 hours and 32 minutes. I had a birthday and missed 2 meals during this match!

* GARY TOLBERT. Holds the undisputed record for chairing the last match finished in ITA duals.

* PAUL JORDAN. The king of the ITA prematch introductions. He should be on television with his introductions. (Of course, Cheryl Jones is still hyperventilating over hearing them.)

* SARA LAMMERTS. Most pencils broken during an ITA dual match.

* SUSAN WERTENBERGER. Record for the most hair on an ITA official.

* LYNN WELCH. Record for having hair that hasn't moved in 15 years.

* CHUCK SCOTT. Record for wearing the most uncoordinated referee's outfits.

* LEE ANN BAIN. Record for always trying the look the cutest in the chair.

* BERNIE WEST. Record for offending the most coaches and players in the entire universe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MYRON KRUEGER. Officiated an ITA men's singles match that lasted 26 minutes. He only took 2 cans of balls out on court! One would have been plenty.

Anonymous said...

Interesting - Ms Sara being recognized yet again for her insidious pencil breaking. Can't you guys down in Texas do anything about that woman?

Anonymous said...

Eyeore, why don't you tell us what your personal problem is with Sara? It must be a real doozy.

Anonymous said...

I was planning to keep silent on the matter but I can no longer do that. A long, long time ago I used to work ITA matches in Texas. In one of those matches, Ms. Sara was the referee and defamed me in front of the coaches, players, and other officials, and then had the nerve to report me to National Headquarters, where I was essentially banned from officiating any future ITA or professional events. The irony of the story is that she reported me for something someone else had done but I was blamed for...

I have never forgotten that most unfortunately incident....

RM said...

It must have been a doozy! I don't they ban anyone for anything any more. I'll look forward to hearing more about this...

Anonymous said...

This comment has nothing to do with this topic and I don't want you to post it here. Instead this is just an idea if you are looking for future topics. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on overrules on the far side line when an umpire is roving and is standing near the post. For me, its an incredibly difficult call based on the number of times I have seen balls that look out, or look in, and the players mutually treat the ball as the converse. Is there any trick to making better far side line calls, or is it just that some umpires have it and others don't (or some think they have it and really don't)?