Sunday, August 09, 2015

Ten Commandments For Blog Trolls

INTERNET TROLL:   A person who posts inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments online for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.





Since we seem to have an abundance of blog trolls (see definition above) lately, I thought I would publish a list of the "Ten Commandments For Blog Trolls."  If you are one--pay attention or your comments will never be published.


Definition of a blog troll:  a person who posts inflammatory or inappropriate messages or comments online for the purpose of upsetting other users and provoking a response.



TEN COMMANDMENTS FOR BLOG TROLLS

1.  Thou shalt not mention the predominant conference in Texas by name.

2.  Thou shalt not disparage another official by name if you are not willing to sign your own name.

3.  Thou shalt not insult the blog owner if you are not willing to sign your own name to your comment.

4.  Thou shalt not disparage any person who is not now the same sex to which they were born.

5.  Thou shalt not post comments that disparage Texas and/or Oklahoma officials since everyone knows they are the far superior officials in America today.

6.  Thou shalt not post comments that name certain female officials in Texas by name.

7.  Though shalt not make any comments that pertain to any university that comes into contact with the Brazos or Trinity rivers.

8.  Thou shalt love the USTA with all your heart and mind and soul.  

9.  Thou shalt not disparage any team in the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 conferences.  

10.  Thou shalt send a personal picture of yourself if you want to be sure that your blog comment is published.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Randy, I guess I will have to stop contributing to your blog. #4 will knock me out. So long!!

RM said...

I'll have to be careful about what I print myself about that #4.

Anonymous said...

A clarification on #4 - What about those individuals who still have what God gave them when they were born, but believe God was mistaken and have deep desires to be the other?

Anonymous said...

Last time I checked, God doesn't make mistakes.

Anonymous said...

He allowed Tennis Officials Blog to be created didn't he?

Hammuncher said...

I'll have to find another blog to make my day if you stop posting all the news that's too juicy for our mainstream big brothers.

Eeyore said...

Guess I'll have to stop posting, since #6 appears to apply to me. I might have known. After all, one can't complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And it was last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said 'Bother'! The Social Round. Always something going on.

Eeyore said...

Guess this is the end of the road, nothing to do, and no hope of things getting better.

RM said...

Its good to see Eeyore back among us. Interesting that "Hammuncher" is here. Could it be the muncher from Waco??? Surely not.

RM said...

I have so many juicy and delicious stories and situations coming from all over Texas that I'm sure we can find some way to share them with you. I'll be working on it...

RM said...

Eeyore, you can still post but you just can't use her name.

RM said...

Just a little reminder to those who want to post insulting comments: If you want your comment printed then you will have to sign your real name. No exceptions. That means that the two I got this morning are now in the trash.