Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions for 2010


HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our blogging friends all over everywhere! 2009 was actually a pretty good year (even though we are all now broke!) but 2010 promises to be fantastic...

In order to get ready to fully enjoy the new year, I have set forth the following NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS:

* That I will continue to blog about issues relevant to tennis officiating with a little politics and humor thrown in from time to time.

* That I will try to include pics as often as possible. I have some great ones in my files that haven't even been used yet.

* That I will continue to push for multiple Tournament Director/Referee Workshops around the state. Since they are required, they should be numerous and easily attended.

* That I will continue to point out the existence of the secret Ad Hoc Committee meetings before all Officials Committee meetings. This thing is an abomination and needs to be done away with.

* That I will no longer use Bruce Sampley's name. In the future, I will refer to him as "Sectional Chairman" until he no longer holds that position.

* That I will continue to push for officials schools to be held in months other than January, February, and March. We've been promised change but 2010 will be the year of real proof.

* That I will be as fair to OU and the Aglets as I am to the wonderful Texas Longhorns. Of course, I have always been this way but I have a new resolution to be even more fair!

* That I will frequently share the wisdom of Myron Krueger since he is the wisest Aglet that I know.

* That I will recognize Lee Ann Bain as our Bi-Sectional Official in Texas.

* That I will continue to point out the things that diversity has done to tennis officiating--both good and bad.

* That I will continue to enjoy the meals that many officials in the Metroplex are now enjoying.

These are just a few of my new year's resolutions. I'm not promising I can keep them all but will at least give it a try...

Anyone care to share their resolutions???


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may resolve to not work another metroplex event that doesn't provide lunch or meal money.

Anonymous said...

My New's Year Resolution is to call more Code Violations this year.

Slim Jim said...

New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.

Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.

Eeyore said...

I promise to be nice to that mean old umpire from College Station. Then again, no I don't.

Wally said...

I'm wondering what is the difference between bi-sectional and bi-sexual?? I guess that's just more DIVERSITY that the USTA is always promoting. HOO-RAH!!

RM said...

Bi-sectional means that you are a member of two different sections. Bi-sexual means you get to work a lot of US Open matches.

In Lee Ann's case, she is truly the former but definitely not the latter.