Monday, December 28, 2009

ITA Set To Begin--And So Are The Fans!

UT and OU fans sharing a bonding moment...

Some of the more famous UT fans...

One of the more "unique" UT fans...

A little Baylor boy gone wild...

At least our fans aren't as wild as this one...

Wonder where he bought those Aggie things?

OSU fans sharing an interesting insight about the Kansas coach...


The 2010 ITA season kicks off in full gear about the middle of January--and it promises to be a good one! The Big 12 boasts at least 3 or 4 of the top teams in the nation on the men's side and at least 3 good ones on the women's side. TCU and SMU women both promise to be much stronger in 2010 so we have a lot to look forward to!

One of the things that makes ITA tennis so great are the FANS. Personally, I like loud and boisterous matches where the fans really enjoy themselves and are real LOUD! Baylor usually wins the prize for the worst fans but I don't agree with that assessment. From what I hear, that honor belongs to the University of Georgia when you are playing in their dog pit.

Here are some fan pics that I think you will enjoy...

11 comments:

RM said...

I figured I would have gotten an email from Myron Krueger by now. He must be out riding his bike...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the annual complaints about Baylor fans, not acting like Christians, etc. etc.

Nothing but Sour Grapes!!!!

Wally said...

Well, one thing you can say about the UT fans; they certainly pass the DIVERSITY test. Now that's something RM can be proud of.

RM said...

Wally,

Thanks for the compliment. As you all know I am a strong supporter of diversity... NOT!

Anonymous said...

Ref the comment about BU fans not acting like Christians.... they don't. Sour grapes? Perhaps. True? Yep! And Randy, let's talk a little more about diversity. Nothing wrong with diversity, as long as all, diverse and non diverse, are qualified, I would think. Is your concern about diversity only valid when the "quality " factor is absent?

RM said...

I would totally agree that the bottom line for diversity is that they all be equally qualified. Then I don't care about the color of their skin, sex, or sexual orientation.

Wally said...

Concerning the current USTA newsletter; (just out), has everyone noticed the item (see: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ITA OFFICIALS) referencing that the USTA insurance policy does not apply to ITA events.... "Be advised that you need some kind of insurance of your own. You may contact Rich Kaufman for suggestions."....

I don't know why, but this comment concerns me. My instincts indicate that this 'lack of insurance' will lead to something. Will it be another way 'to control' the sheeple?

First there came DIVERSITY. Now comes INSURANCE. What is ole Richie up to now??

MK said...

I would like to remind my fellow ITA officials on the responsibility of the REFEREE. Quote from FAC: "The Referee exercises general supervision over all aspects of play, including, but not limited to, the conduct and actions of players, coaches, parents, spectators, officials, etc. and the administrative crew."

There are a couple of officials out there that keep telling me (and others) the referee is not responsible for crowd control. Can this be true?

Anonymous said...

Has anybody heard anything about new expectations for spectator behavior in the Big 12 this spring? Referees be prepared!

RM said...

I haven't seen anything in print about the Big 12 but I am sure that Sister Cheryl Jones will soon be forthcoming with this information.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Big 12 spectators are bad. If you beg to differ, go watch an SEC match. You may want to leave the kids at home.