Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Snake Hunting Lessons


Many of life's greatest lessons are learned in some of life's simplest adventures--and I learned some great "life lessons" on a recent snake hunting trip with a tennis coach friend of mine...

As we were walking through the woods, my buddy told me there are basically two kinds of snakes. First, is the kind of snake that meets you headon and then bites you. Second, is the kind of snake that sneaks up on you from behind or from some type of cover and then strikes.

My wise old hunting buddy said he preferred the first type since they are open and upfront with their hostility and at least bite you in public. He said he detests the second type because they just sneak around, life in the dark areas, feed on trash, and then sneak up to do their dirty work.

What a wise old friend I have! Perhaps we should all remember his lessons on snake hunting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have any ideas as to who these snakes might be?

Anonymous said...

Watch out! I'm looking and observing... and will publish my results soon.

Anonymous said...

Pete you had better be careful if you publish anyone's name. You are certain to have a grievance filed against you. No wait, even if you don't use someone's name, they will file a grievance against you anyway. Why don't you go ahead and get a blank one ready and fill it out on yourself. Randy has a bunch already printed up. You'll just have to cross out his name and write your's in his place! And that way you will already know what the grievance says since you won't be allowed to see a copy of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pete!!! - please contact me. We can compare notes. I have lots of juicy information that would really surprise you. For the past three some-odd years, I've been documenting everything that is wrong with officiating, from news articles, photos and video - quite a collection if I may say so myself. Since I'm essentially retired, nobody can touch me with a grievance, and even if they would, I could care less. I'm actually thinking about publishing a DVD showing officiating antics and miscues - it would be a hilarious comedy if it wasn't so true.

My email is eeyore_thats_mister_eeyore@yahoo.com