Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Blog Is Now BACK...

What a day it has been! I've received over 100 emails and at least 25 phone calls--and all asking me to continue the blog and keep up the good work. SO WE ARE...

Our blog gets about 1,500 to 2,000 hits a week so we know there is a lot of good information being sent out--and we intend to keep up the work. For those who are disappointed--get over yourselves because we are here to stay. I have done nothing wrong so it would be wrong to run away from a little misguided opposition. I love writing the blog and have a great time doing it--and from the responses today, a lot of you like it too! So, we are keeping up the good work...

Since all my previous posts have been deleted we are BEGINNING ANEW--and its a great feeling! Noone can read my blog now and say that a post was written about them or that I offended someone somewhere. I have a brand new start--and think of all the people we can offend in the days to come...

Since we have a new start, here are some of the NEW GUIDELINES:

1. We will continue to post any material we deem important to tennis officials. This may include material that is critical of leadership and should not be deemed as personal.

2. We will post Texas Section information that is pertinent to our readership--and at no charge to the Texas Section.

3. We will NEVER write a post that specifically calls any official by name since we do not want to violate the Code of Conduct. If I ever post a specific official's name please immediately report me to the USTA authorities.

4. We will be receptive to any and all comments. I would prefer that you use your real name or a valid internet name but its not a requirement. If your comment is critical of a specific official and you use their name, the comment will still be posted but the officials name will be deleted. That way we cannot be accused of wrongdoing by putting comments on our blog.

5. We will continue to use humor, logic, analogies, constructive criticism or whatever suits us since it is our blog and does not belong to anyone else on this planet.

6. We will all hopefully have fun in all that we do. After all, we're talking about a game and the universe sure doesn't revolve around tennis.

7. We want to say up front to those who dislike our blog and/or me--DON'T READ THE BLOG. That's as simple as I know how to put it.


8. I am a pastor of a church in the Dallas area--and proud of it. If that offends you please check out guideline #7. If you think a pastor shouldn't write a blog the same advice holds just for you. The surprise for some of you detractors is that pastors are humans and have a lot of fun so come and join us--or go somewhere else and gripe...

Hopefully these guidelines will help people understand how much fun we are having and hopefully will join us as we poke fun at each other, grow together, and enjoy life!

Get on board--or go to another site and enjoy yourself somewhere that suits you...

13 comments:

ZOO GIRL said...

YOU GO SPARKY! Now that's the Randy McDonald I know and love! Looking forward to more blogging fun, sarcasm, knowledge, and laughter! I'll be reading tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Randy, this is great news. I thought about it all day...I was thinking professional, educated people are so disgusted at all this silliness that they just walk away from officiating. I am glad you are continuing because folks really like the blog and so do I.

Also, to have unsophisticated folks tell you that people are prohibited from expressing free speech is so absurd that I find it silly and absurd or maybe they just can't get out of their very small world.

Good luck. I know of no one who doesn't really like you and respect your efforts. Everyone thinks you are terrific to work for and with.

Anonymous said...

My prayers have been answered! Keep pushing for integrity at our top levels because its missing and we need it.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have chosen to continue the blog!!!!!! As one of the newer officials, I am not aware of all the negativity and finger pointing that has gone on. Neither do I care to know!!!! I officiate and play tennis because I love the game. I have enough valid worries in my life that I do not need another issue to cloud my days. I am happy to work and officiate in the Texas Section. Could things be better...sure. But at what point in life can we say we have things perfectly right. Lets all work to make the game exciting, fair, honest and fun. Thanks for continuing to publish the blog. I simply appreciate your effort and time.

Anonymous said...

When I read that the rules in the ole tennis manual were like the ones in the Bible (meant to be broken) I tore select pages out of both so I wouldn't have to concern myself with them. I think I'll just replace the Bible.......

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!

April Hadley

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I’m glad that you will continue!

Pat Gardner

Anonymous said...

God has spoken. The lost sheep has been returned to the flock.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was a burdensome day. Decisions and challenges were piling on top of my already crowded desk and then I heard the bad news your blog had gone away.

And then today I read the uplifting words "The Blog Is Now Back".

Yippy kai yai - I will keep my eyes and ears open and offer invigorating reflections on what I see transpiring in the tennis officiating ranks.

Anonymous said...

Randy, you are certainly one interesting fellow.

Anonymous said...

This day in History:

1) The Great Chicago fire begins...

2) The Achille Lauro is hijacked...

3) Jimmy Carter is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize...

------ but -----

1) The US House of Representatives initiates Clinton impeachment inquiry

2) US soldier Alvin York kills 25 and captures 132 enemy troops

3) Martha Stewart began her prison sentence at Alderson Federal Prison Camp

3) Randy's blog is re-invigorated.

RM said...

Eeyore,

You are my new favorite blog poster. Would you like to become a deacon in our church???

Randy

Anonymous said...

Will you pay for my gas?