Wednesday, June 04, 2014

What An Awful Experience! Watching PowerShares Men's Tennis


Future star of the PowerShares tour.

Just when I thought listening to Martina Navratilova and Mary Carillo devastate a tennis broadcast would be the worst experience of my week, I experienced something even worse tonight!  I tuned in to the PowerShares senior men's tennis event...

Jimmy Connors (fat, slow, and in long pants) and John McEnroe (with his usual dynamic and disgusting personality) were playing singles and it was a massacre of tv time.  There are men their age in Dallas who would beat them into oblivion.  Connors was so overweight that he couldn't chase down a ball but they were quick to point out that he has had two hip replacement surgeries.  Maybe they should have warned the patrons before they bought their tickets.

I managed to make it through 11 minutes of this fiasco and then went to watch Big Bang Theory.  A few minutes later I thought I would check back to see if Connors was still alive and breathing and was treated to watching Pat Cash limp through a set against a huge and overweight Ivan Lendl.

Not sure who thought up this tour but I pity anyone who buys a ticket to watch these old has-beens play tennis.  I guess I'm guilty too since I wasted 19.5 minutes of my life watching them on tv.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reruns of the Big Bang Theory are better that most of what is on TV

Lost Amigo said...

I watched the geriatric duos playing last night and I really have to say, based on what I put myself through, I would much rather listen to Martina Nav commentate a Serena match than watch that old-man crappola on tv.