Friday, May 28, 2010

Retirement Is Finally Here!

Well, that grand and glorious day of RETIREMENT has finally come into my life. After 44 years of being a pastor/preacher I am formally retiring--and its a great feeling.

I have had a wonderful life as a pastor and learned more than I ever thought I could, but all good things must eventually come to an end. I have truly seen and experienced most of what life affords and it has all been good. The Lord has truly blessed me beyond measure.

Now that I am "retired" I can devote more time to tennis officiating. (It also helps pay the bills!) It also means I can devote more time to blogging so be sure to hold on... It should be great fun in the days to come!

Retirement is lots of fun but I'm already bored. You can only go to Home Depot so many times during a day. Its off to find something to do...





6 comments:

Ray said...

Randy I wish you all the best with your retirement.
See you out there on the courts

Wally said...

Say Randy, with all this extra time now that your retired, you can now get on the summer pro circuit and work your way up to NYC and the US Open as a linesperson. You have the #1 criteria required of those chosen for these events.....AVAILIBILITY!!.... Yep, a warm body and lots of time....you're in like flint. Go for it!!

Angel said...

Randy,
As a High School Coach, I can't thank you enough for all of the lives you have touched and will continue to influence as an official. You are a role model to all young men and women playing tennis. Thanks for all of your hard work.

EQ said...

Thumbs Up To Your Retirement !
Your Next Chapter In Life !
Best Regards !

Anonymous said...

It appears your retirement coincides with the death of the Big 12, thanks in no part to UT greed.

Anonymous said...

The death of the Big 12. The only good thing I can think that would come of this (where tennis is concerned) would be that the coordinator of officials for the Big 12 would no longer be needed. Maybe schools would end up in a conference like the SEC where schools take care of their own conference matches. Keep praying!