Wednesday, September 05, 2012

My Ears Are Tired Of Hearing These Buzz Words: DIVERSITY & INCLUSION

Diversity in action.

"Inclusion" at Barney Frank's wedding.

As I was thoroughly enjoying watching today's match of Djokovic crushing Wawrinka, I also watched with interest as the illustrious Billie Jean King made her grand entrance on the tv screen announcing the ICON awards for 2012. In about three minutes of talking she managed to parrot the words "diversity and inclusion" at least five times.

Personally, I'm real tired of hearing that come out of our "leaders" mouths everytime they talk about tennis and the future of tennis. Here are some words I would rather hear:

COMMITMENT
SACRIFICE
TRAINING
EXCELLENCE
HARD WORK

Maybe if we heard more of these words of less of the others, American tennis would be a much more excellent sport and we would be winning some of the major titles again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A big second to your post.