Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What To Do Between Sets...


Always be sure to squeeze your balls between sets.

One of the greatest joys in the life of a tennis official is when they get an evaluation.  I tend to think of it much like going to a doctor but a tad less painful...

In my recent evaluation, the female evaluator told me I did just fine except for one thing--I needed to squeeze my balls before each set and before I handed them to the players...

Now that I have somewhat recovered from one of the most embarrassing moments of my life, I agree but its not something I would tell anyone else.

And who says officiating isn't fun?

(Hopefully noone will be offended by this post--but then, many a truth is said in jest.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helpful advice

Anonymous said...

Is that all the evaluator had to say? Seems like she was really searching for something, anything, to ding you on. BTW, did you ask her to demonstrate the proper technique for the procedure by squeezing your balls for you?

RM said...

It was quite an inglorious moment to say the least.