Friday, July 06, 2012

And What Do You Think Would Have Happened If A White Man Had Said That?

MICHAEL JOHNSON
BBC Commentator

Michael Johnson (world class sprinter) said this week that he believe that slave descendants make superior athletes--and that such a controversial topic shouldn't be avoided but discussed openly. He also went on to say, "Difficult as it was to hear, slavery has benefited descendants like me--I believe there is a superior gene in us."

Well, we do know what happens when a white man says that... In 1988, Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder made a similar comment and was fired as a CBS sports commentator.

Johnson now works as a BBC commentator and only time will tell what happens this time...

So much for diversity.

1 comment:

WK said...

I am a black man, and I must say I hate the double standard in this country. Claiming superiority in anything due to genetics is a falacy, and can always be proven wrong. I thank God I am an human being and love all other human beings as my brothers and sisters as we all should....