Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Answer To Prayer

One of the things I love and appreciate most about being a tennis official is that we are all part of a big "family" and included in that relationship are a lot of good and loving friends. There are also times that our family members go through some difficult times and it is during those times that we learn to pray for each other and support each other...

One of our past Texas Section Presidents, Marcia Rodriguez, has been struggling with cancer and cancer treatments for the past few years--but this week she got some good news and an answer to a lot of prayers. Here is Marcia's email to me:

"Hi! ...we just got back from London......I found a clinical trial over there on a new drug that helps locate tumors.....I got accepted into the trial so Mike and I flew over on the 17th....for a quickee few days in London. THEY FOUND THE PRIMARY TUMOR!!...so I have an appointment today with a surgeon at UTSW to talk about options to remove it asap! Its a long shot.....since the cancer has been racing thru my lymph system...but if they remove the primary source.....my prognosis will be MUCH IMPROVED....!!"

Now that's the kind of email that I like to get!! Marcia has been a dear friend for many years so I hope you will join me in praying for her complete healing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in all of our prayers Marcia - Waco Kid