Monday, November 22, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING To Everyone!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to one and all!

The greatest "FOOD HOLIDAY" of them all.

My son, Ty, has told me that Thanksgiving is a "food holiday" and I guess in a lot of ways I have to agree. There is always a lot of great food but a lot more to be had on Thanksgiving...

As we stop for a moment to reflect here are some reasons I am thankful this season:

* I'm thankful to be an American and live in the greatest country on earth.

* I'm thankful to be a tennis official in Texas because from what I hear, its worse everywhere else in America.

* I'm thankful to have two great kids and two great Labs even though Ty told me that he was going to "put me in a home" if I didn't behave when I get old. The sad thing is that I AM old and now need to watch out...

* I'm thankful that the Cowboys finally won some games.

* I'm thankful that the Longhorns' football season is nearly over. My worst fear is that they actually will go to a bowl game and get embarrassed again!

* I'm thankful that the Myronian lived through yet another bicycle crash. Now we all need to pray that he finds other interests in life.

* I'm thankful that the Bears finally won a few games so I still have faith in God's miracle working powers.

* I'm thankful that our newbie officials in Oklahoma will get a few more months of training under their belts. Maybe in 2014 they will become "seasoned officials."

* I'm thankful that we have Chad Loup working for us in the Texas Section office. The young man is truly a miracle worker.

* I'm thankful I can still give Chuck Scott some Xanax for Christmas.

* I'm thankful that Kevin Foster has learned that we don't play doubles matches with the singles sticks still in place.

* I'm thankful that I can do ZAT tournaments when I want to and not as the ultimate form of punishment for all the evil thoughts in my life.

* I'm thankful that the ITA season will begin in 1.5 months.

* I'm thankful that we are going to be rid of Nebraska and Colorado and can get down to some serious football. The only problem is that I'm not sure Texas will be in the mix for the next five years.

* Most of all, I'm thankful for all my good official friends from all over everywhere!

3 comments:

Beat The Hell Out Of tu.... said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving LUNCH. Hopefully your food will be settled before the BIG game at 7PM Turkey Night.

WHOOOOOPPPPPP!!!!!

Thankful! said...

In my defense Rev... I took out the singles stick almost 87% of the time this year (would have been 93% had we had lunch at a few of those tournaments)! Tennis wise, I am thankful for our School Coordinators all across Texas - as you know, without them - we are in BIG trouble! Thankful also for GREAT tennis friends all across Texas! And, Thankful for all of the parents that have taken time to teach their young ones sportsmanship, because of them, Texas has awesome players - in more ways than one!!! Happy Thanksgiving! Kevin

RM said...

Kevin,

I am glad that you are least them out some of the time... I too am grateful for our instructors and for you scheduling the schools. Ten years of doing that was enough for me!